Add radishes into potato salad for its health benefits.
- Radishes contain antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Radishes are good for sore throats, help to clear sinuses.
- They have high water content and help with the digestive system.
- Radishes eliminate toxins in the body and give a clear skin.
- They are high in vitamins A, C, E and K and in minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, and calcium.
1 cup diced cucumber
1 cup sliced radishes
4 cups cooked potatoes
1 clove minced garlic
¼ cup green onion
1 container 8 ounces plain yogurt
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
Pepper and salt
Sieve cheese into a large bowl. Add yogurt,
Garlic, salt and pepper
green onion and cubed potatoes.
Mix well and chill
Add radishes and cucumbers twenty minutes before serving.
Spoon into lettuce lined salad bowl.
Marinated Cucumber Slices
Makes 6 servings
1 large cucumber
Unpeeled, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
¼ cup chopped parsley
½ cup white vinegar
½ tsp sugar
Salt and pepper
Layer cucumber slices with 1 teaspoon of salt in a 9 inch pie plate.
Let stand for ten minutes
Place cucumbers into plate, pour off any liquid.
Sprinkle vinegar, parsley, sugar, pepper and remaining salt over cucumbers.
Marinate, covered, for at least 30 minutes to let flavors blend.